Whether you have big dreams in mind, or daily rituals you'd like to implement, it can be hard to get started.
Perhaps you're not sure what the priority should be, so instead don't make any changes.
There's then the question of what's holding you back; why you're feeling so overwhelmed or lethargic.
And lastly: how should you actually do it; is there an order or routine that would work for you?
If the above resonates, this course is for you.
MODULE 1: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING?
First up: you need to get clear on what you'd like to be doing.
In this module, there are exercises to help you work out how you'd like to spend your time; what you'd like to be doing more of.
Because as you start to re-allocate the time you have available in your days/weeks/months, it's important that you're making ample time for the things that matters.
We'll look at your work, passions, rituals you can incorporate into your daily life, how you'd like to feel as you move through the days and the BIG DREAMS.
Module 2: What’s holding you back?
Once you're clear on what you want from life, we'll look at the barriers that might be holding you back.
This could include: perfectionism, imposter syndrome and fear of failure.
We'll break them down, and I'll share methods for dealing with these challenges.
As well as plenty of anecdotes, because I've experienced these issues too - I still do, sometimes - but I know how to say 'no thanks' and push on through.
Once you've learned how to bash these barriers down, you'll be marching towards your dreams.
Module 3: A plan for success
Right, you know what you'd like your day-to-day life to look like and you're clear on your longterm goals.
We've worked out what might be holding you back.
But how do you actually make it happen?
In this module, there's a downloadable planner, as well as an online template that you can access.
You'll plan out your days, ensuring there's plenty of time spent on creativity and working towards the big dream(s), as well as necessary work tasks.
We also cover: the importance of deadlines, and what to do when things don't go to plan; when there's an unexpected hiccup.
The three-step productivity process
The three-step process I've outlined above, that the online course follows, will help to help you move from asking 'why can I never get enough done?' to feeling energised, focused and productive.
As you work through this course, the tips and plans I share will help you to stop procrastinating and starting DOING. By that, I mean getting started and completing projects.
Does productivity mean working non-stop?
Absolutely not. In this course, I'm am NOT going to recommend you work every single second you have available.
Instead, I'm going to teach you how to prioritise the work that is important, and the activities that bring you joy.
This is very much about working cleverly - not more. I'm a massive advocate of caring for yourself to avoid burnout. So this course has been written with this in mind.
I'm not going to promise that you will take this course and become a published author or successful business owner or any other dream you may have; these things take time.
But I am going to promise that you will become clearer on what your focus should be on, then how to acknowledge - and break down - the barriers preventing you from getting started on it.
And there are very practical time-planning exercises so that you will have your days, weeks, months and even years mapped out.
- Online course, starts January 4th.
- You’ll be given access to exercises, advice, tips – and set tasks. One module will be released each week, for three weeks. But you can access this whenever you like (you don’t have to sign in at a particular time).
- You’ll have free access to my closed Facebook group (only people who’ve taken a course have access), where you can network with other freelancers and business owners, and get exclusive tips and advice.
- You’ll have ongoing access to this course, so you can keep dipping in and out, as you like.
Why am I the person to teach it?
The question I'm asked most often is: how do you do so much, when you have so much going on in your life?
And so I carefully dissected my process and designed a three-step productivity process to help other women achieve more, without burning out.
But first, here's some of what I've done since having my first baby, six and a half years ago.
- A book published (The Freelance Mum)
- A second book coming out in March 2021 (Shy)
- I've self-published a poetry book, and made a profit on it
- Written for the Guardian, Grazia, Red Magazine, Telegraph, Stylist - and more
- Been interviewed on Woman's Hour, in the Sunday Times on the Jeremy Vine show
- I launched a digital parenting and lifestyle platform (that reached 100,000+ parents a month)
- And I run this online course business, The Robora, which supports my family of five
And I've had two more babies, too.
So, I'm kept busy. But I always make time for 'me', too.